Carrie is a multi-state-barred trial attorney who handles cases in all areas of family law, including high conflict marital dissolution, parentage, child custody, post-dissolution matters. Prior to joining BZB, Carrie spent 14 years as a criminal prosecutor in both Atlanta, Georgia and Riverside County, California, specializing in complex cases of domestic violence, sexual assault, and child abuse. Carrie considers it both her privilege and her calling to support her clients through some of the most emotionally difficult, stressful periods of their lives.
Equally at home in the well of a courtroom and at the negotiating table, Carrie tailors her analysis and advice to each client’s individual concerns, abilities, and real-world needs. She is an advocate for cooperative and fair resolution whenever possible, but is prepared to fight zealously and intelligently for her clients’ needs when it is not.
As a fearless advocate, Carrie effectively uses evidence and legal argument to disentangle nuanced relationship and family dynamics and skillfully communicate them in court. She leads complex factual investigations with ease and develops intelligent legal strategy to achieve her client’s goals. Throughout her extensive trial career, Carrie has been praised by judges and opponents alike for her preparation, her attention to detail, and her commitment to professional and ethical practice.
As a compassionate advisor, Carrie combines straightforward communication and her genuine concern for her clients’ well-being to provide a steadfast, patient, and trustworthy presence for her clients. Carrie considers the ultimate success in her family law practice to be the level of support and safety her clients feel in her representation.
Professional and Community Contributions
- Board Member, Shelter from the Storm, Inc. for Victims of Domestic Violence
- Member, Santa Clara County Bar Association
Teaching and Speaking Engagements
- Former Faculty Member, Basic Litigation, Prosecuting Attorney’s Counsel of Georgia
- Presenter and Co-Creator, Effective Courtroom Communication, Prosecuting Attorney’s Counsel of Georgia
- Co-Trainer, Elder Abuse Investigations, Dekalb County Georgia
- Co-Presenter and Co-Creator, Evidence Based Prosecution in Domestic Violence Cases, Georgia Solicitors General Annual Conference
- Presenter and Creator, The Domestic Violence Expert Witness: Strengthening Your Case by Educating Your Jury, Dekalb County Solicitor General’s Office
- State Bar of California
- State Bar of Georgia
- J.D., Emory University School of Law, 2007
- B.A., cum laude, Agnes Scott College, 2004